Problem Pregnancy or
Problem Pregnancy or Planned Parenthood?
If you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy and want help with your next steps, visit Problem Pregnancy. Problem Pregnancy provides free pregnancy tests, limited ultrasound, and abortion consultations. Contact us to talk with someone about your situation and learn about all of your options. All of our services are free and confidential.
Why Choose Problem Pregnancy instead of Planned Parenthood in Southbridge, MA?
Problem Pregnancy Provides FREE Pregnancy Consultations
Every woman facing unplanned pregnancy should answer three questions before making her final pregnancy decision:
- Am I really pregnant? 1 in 5 pregnancies end on their own (miscarriage), most often before 7 weeks.
- How far along am I? The type of abortion you may be eligible for and its cost are determined by gestational age.
- What are all of my options? What are the pros and cons of each of these?
With a free ultrasound, Problem Pregnancy can help confirm whether or not you are truly pregnant, how far along you are, and if your pregnancy is viable in Southbridge. Our experienced counselors will help you review and talk through all of your options, so that you can feel comfortable with your final decision.
Problem Pregnancy is Objective and Not Financially Motivated
Problem Pregnancy is a non-profit organization and is not dependent on funds generated by clients’ medical insurance to keep its doors open. Because of this, we can provide truly unbiased information and one-on-one, personal, compassionate care and support. Problem Pregnancy exists to help you make an informed decision based on facts about pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption. Pregnancy decisions are too important to leave to a rushed, clinical conversation and a waiting room where you feel like a number.
Problem Pregnancy will Engage, Equip and Empower You.
A recent study reported that 74% of American women who had abortions said that they did not receive adequate counseling beforehand. 59% felt pressured by others. Abortion providers only profit from one of your pregnancy options and are incentivized to make abortion seem like the best choice.
At Problem Pregnancy, our concern is for your long-term well-being. We strive to empower our clients to make the choice that’s right for them. We understand that having the baby is the most difficult choice. If you are not empowered to make the most difficult choice, you are not truly free to choose.
Get In Touch
Problem Pregnancy specializes in helping you through your pregnancy journey. Our experienced and caring counselors will answer your questions and help you evaluate your options in an unrushed and private consultation in Southbridge, MA. Schedule your FREE appointment today.
Questions & Answers
According to the Mayo Clinic, an estimated 10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies will naturally end in a miscarriage. “Miscarriage”, medically known as “spontaneous abortion”, is the common term used to describe a natural end to a pregnancy. Problem Pregnancy offers a limited ultrasound to qualified women to confirm a viable (developing), intrauterine (in the uterus) pregnancy. In many cases, the ultrasound can be performed during the same visit.
If fetal viability is not established, then you are a candidate with a high probability of miscarrying. Miscarriage is your body’s natural way of ending a pregnancy. In a case like this you would not need the pain, cost, and risk of an abortion!
- Severe cramping of the uterus or pelvic pain
- Emotional or psychological distress
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Back pain
Medical abortion information from the Mayo Clinic
Some of the most common surgical abortion procedures include manual vacuum aspiration, dilation and curettage, and dilation and evacuation. If you choose to have a surgical abortion you may want to consider an ultrasound-guided procedure as they have been determined to result in fewer complications.
The risks for any surgery are: Hemorrhaging (bleeding) and Infection
Additional risks of surgical abortion include:
- Excessive bleeding (hemorrhaging)
- Infection of the uterus
- Infection of the fallopian tubes which can cause scarring and infertility
- Puncture or perforation of the uterus
- Scarring of the uterine lining (suction tubing, curettes, and other abortion instruments may cause permanent scarring of the uterine lining)
- Damage to the cervix creating complications with future pregnancies
- Death, in rare circumstances
Other risks can include:
- Premature births with future pregnancies
- Incomplete removal of the fetus, placenta or contents of the uterus
It may be possible to reverse the effect of the abortion pill. If you change your mind after taking the first abortion pill, mifepristone, time is of the essence. For more information, call the Abortion Pill Reversal Hotline 877-558-0333.
Before taking the Morning After Pill, you should understand what it is, what it could mean to your health and how it works.
The “morning after pill” is a large dose of oral contraceptive known as Plan B One -Step. It is a single pill you take by mouth. It must be taken within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex or birth control failure to help prevent pregnancy.
Plan B is believed to act as an emergency contraceptive principally by preventing ovulation or fertilization. In addition, it may inhibit implantation. It is not effective once the process of implantation has begun. Plan B is intended to avoid potential pregnancy, so it is important to confirm you are not pregnant before taking this emergency contraception option.
If your period is more than a week late, it is possible that you may be pregnant. You should get a pregnancy test and follow up with your health care provider or come to Problem Pregnancy for a pregnancy test and consultation.
- Emergency contraception is not effective if a woman is already pregnant.
- Plan B should not be used as routine contraception
- Plan B does not protect against HIV infection (AIDS) and other sexually transmitted infections.
- The most common side effects in the Plan B clinical trial were nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, and menstrual changes.
- Because Plan B makes the uterus inhospitable to the developing embryo, it may lead to an ectopic pregnancy
- The manufacturer warns that Plan B is not recommended for routine use as a contraceptive
- Use of Plan B may result in an ectopic pregnancy. If you experience severe lower abdominal pain 3-5 weeks after taking Plan B, seek medical attention.
Problem Pregnancy does not provide emergency contraception but can provide you with education and pregnancy testing.
The price of an abortion can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. The final cost is dependent on multiple factors: how far along you are in your pregnancy, what type of abortion you have, your health insurance, the type of clinic you go to, and your choice of anesthesia.
Problem Pregnancy or Planned Parenthood 01550
Southbridge is a city in Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States. The principal road in Southbridge is Route 131, known as Main Street through downtown and East Main Street past the “AO Rotary” and through Sandersdale, a village on the town’s east side. Southbridge was formed out of portions of three of its neighboring towns: Sturbridge to the west, Charlton to the north, and Dudley to the east. The other neighboring town is Woodstock, Connecticut to the south.